Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 2.00 Days
*Click here to view upcoming SQL – Querying classes
You have access to company databases and your job may require you to retrieve data from those databases. Retrieval of information from a database is dependent on precisely ordered logic and specific information. This course will help you to use Structured Query Language (SQL) as a tool to implement that logic and define instructions. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions based on the data types to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from the query before it is displayed on the screen.
- Retrieve data by combining information from multiple tables.
- Format the output, save the result, and generate a report.
- Code subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table.
- Create a simple table, create tables with constraints, modify the table structure, and delete tables.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indexes on table columns and drop inefficient indexes.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure.
Who Should Attend:
Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
- Connect to the Database
- Query the Database
- Modify a Query
- Save a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data
- Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Table Using Joins
Lesson 6: Presenting Query Results
- Customize and Save the Query Result
- Generate an HTML Report
- Search Based on an Unknown Value
- Search Based on Multiple Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-level Subqueries
Lesson 8: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify Data
- Delete Data
Lesson 9: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Simple Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add or Drop Table Columns
- Add or Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Delete Tables
Lesson 10: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 11: Indexing Data
- Create Indexes
- Drop Indexes