Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 2.00 Days
*Click here to view upcoming Querying Data with SQL classes
You have access to company databases and your job may require you to retrieve data from those databases. Retrieval of information from a database is dependent on precisely ordered logic and specific information. This course will help you to use Structured Query Language (SQL) as a tool to implement that logic and define instructions. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions based on the data types to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from the query before it is displayed on the screen.
- Retrieve data by combining information from multiple tables.
- Format the output, save the result, and generate a report.
- Code subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table.
- Create a simple table, create tables with constraints, modify the table structure, and delete tables.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indexes on table columns and drop inefficient indexes.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure.
Who Should Attend:
Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
- Connect to the Database
- Query the Database
- Modify a Query
- Save a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data
- Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Table Using Joins
Lesson 6: Presenting Query Results
- Customize and Save the Query Result
- Search Based on an Unknown Value
- Search Based on Multiple Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-level Subqueries
Lesson 8: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify Data
- Delete Data
Lesson 9: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Simple Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add or Drop Table Columns
- Add or Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Delete Tables
Lesson 10: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Modify and Drop Views