Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 1 Day
*Click here to view upcoming Outlook classes
In this course, students learn how to customize message options, use the Journal to track work activities, customize the Outlook environment, share folders and work with public folders.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for people who know basic Outlook functions. Students will learn to customize the Outlook environment and message options, use the journal function to track work activities, share folders, and work with public folders. Upon successful completion of the course.
At Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize message settings.
- organize and locate Outlook messages.
- set calendar options.
- track activities using the Journal.
- assign and track tasks.
- share folder information.
- customize the Outlook environment.
Lesson 1: Modifying Messages and Setting Global Options
- Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
- Modify Message Settings and Options
- Configure Global Outlook Options
- Customize the Outlook Interface
Lesson 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
- Group and Sort Messages
- Filter and Manage Messages
- Search Outlook Items
Lesson 3: Managing Your Mailbox
- Use the Junk E-mail Filter to Manage Messages
- Manage Your Mailbox
Lesson 4: Automating Message Management
- Use Automatic Replies
- Use the Rules Wizard to Organize Messages
- Create and Use Quick Steps
Lesson 5: Working with Calendar Settings
- Set Advanced Calendar Options
- Create and Manage Additional Calendars
- Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 6: Managing Contacts
- Import and Export Contacts
- Use Electronic Business Cards
- Forward Contacts
Lesson 7: Managing Activities by Using Tasks
- Assign and Mange Tasks
Lesson 8: Sharing Workspaces with Others
- Delegate Access to Outlook Folders
- Share Your Calendar
- Share Your Contacts
Lesson 9: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
- Back Up Outlook Items
- Change Data File Settings