Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 0.5 Days
*Click here to view upcoming Office 2016 New Features classes
You’ve used Microsoft® Office 2007 or Office 2010 to create various types of business materials. However you use Office, the fact is the Office suite of applications is the de-facto standard for business productivity software. Each new release of Office builds upon the successes of the previous generations.
This course builds upon the foundational Microsoft Office 2007/2010 knowledge and skills you’ve already acquired. It focuses on the enhanced features you’ll want to leverage to improve the way you manage, organize, present, and distribute your company’s data and information.
You’ll explore a variety of enhancements, from Word’s ability to edit PDF files to the new Flash Fill functionality in Excel that dramatically increases the speed at which you can add data to a spreadsheet. You’ll discover how the cloud has been deeply integrated into your Office experience and how collaborating with colleagues has never been easier.
This Microsoft® Office 2016: Transition from Office 2007/2010 course will help you bridge the gap from the version you already know and love, to the latest release of Microsoft’s flagship productivity suite.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for individuals who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Office 2007 or Office 2010, and are interested in transitioning from an earlier Office version to Office 2016.
This course is also designed for those individuals who may be interested in some of the new features available in the Office 2016 suite of products.
At Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify new and enhanced features that are common across all applications in Office 2016.
- Modify documents using Microsoft Word 2016.
- Enhance worksheet data using Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Augment a presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Create a database using Microsoft Access 2016.
- Utilize mail, calendars, contacts, and tasks in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2016
- Common Features
- Office 2016 and the Cloud
Lesson 2: Working with Microsoft Word 2016
- Edit a PDF
- Work with Tables
- Embed Videos
- Edit Documents
- Read Documents
Lesson 3: Working with Microsoft Excel 2016
- Streamline Workflow in Excel Using Templates
- Accelerate Data Entry with Flash Fill
- Incorporate Charts
- Analyze Data
Lesson 4: Working with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Apply a Theme
- Incorporate Objects
- Leverage the Enhanced Presenter View
- Collaborate with Others on a Single Presentation
Lesson 5: Working with Microsoft Access 2016
- Explore Web Apps
- Utilize Templates in Access
Lesson 6: Working with Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Navigate Through Mail, Calendars, People, and Tasks
- Manage Your Mailbox