Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 1.00 Day
In FileMaker Level 2, students learn to use various relationships to link databases, create buttons and scripts, share a FileMaker database among multiple users and control access, and create a database for the Web.
Who Should Attend:
Prospective students for this course are office personnel who work with personal computers, who need to store and organize information for individual, workgroup, or company use, as well as for use by the public via the Internet. They have some FileMaker Pro experience, including completing the FileMaker Pro 7.0: Level 1 course.
At Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Link databases with one-to-many and many-to-one data relationships.
- Relate databases containing a theoretical many-to-many data relationship.
- Create scripts to automate repetitive tasks, and will create buttons that execute scripts, switch layouts, or perform commands.
- Set up databases for sharing over a network, and will define users, groups, and access privileges for those databases.
- Publish a FileMaker Pro database on the Web.
Pre-requisite(s): Filemaker Pro 7.0 – Level 1
Lesson 1: Defining One-to-Many and Many-to-One Data Relationships
- Define a Many-to-One Relationship
- Display Related Information from a Database
Lesson 2: Setting Up a Many-to-Many Database Relationship
- Create an Intermediate Database
- Access Data from a Related “Many” File
- Summarize Related “Many” Data
- Control Addition or Deletion of Related Records
- Create Value Lists from Data in Related Files
Lesson 3: Creating Buttons and Scripts
- Create Buttons that Execute Commands
- Create Scripts to Perform Complex Tasks
- Create Buttons to Execute Scripts
Lesson 4: Sharing FileMaker Pro Databases
- Set Up a Database for Access by Multiple Users
- How to Control Access to a Database
Lesson 5: Creating a Database for the Web
- Define Container and Global Fields
- Enable Instant Web Publishing
- Determine the Look of a Published Database
- Create a Custom Home Page for a Web-Enabled Database
Lesson 6: Enhancing Reports
- Create a Section to Contain a Watermark
- Insert Objects Using Object Linking and Embedding
- Modify Format Based on Data Value
- Conditionally Suppress Data
- Insert Hyperlinks
- Hide Blank Report Sections
Lesson 7: Creating and Modifying Pie Charts
- Create a Pie Chart with a Drill-down
- Modify Chart Text
- Format a Chart
- Present a Chart by Group
Lesson 8: Distributing Data
- Export to PDF
- Export to Excel
- Export to an Access Database
- Create a Report Definition
- Create Mailing Labels