Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 0.5 Day
This course, taught by an experienced attorney, will cover the latest employment laws that California employers need to know. This is a practical class so it not only covers the laws in plain English, it also gives practical tips on how to comply with the new laws.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for anyone who manages or supervises employees, as well as business owners, office managers and human resources personnel who are already familiar with basic employment laws and want to learn the latest updates to those laws.
At Course Completion:
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a good understanding of the latest laws governing California workplaces, as well as practical tools for following the laws to minimize legal risks.
Prerequisite(s) or equivalent knowledge: Basic knowledge of employment laws covering California workplaces.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Fair Pay Act (changes to California’s equal pay law)
- Labor Commissioner’s new enforcement areas
- School activities and kin care leaves
- Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) amendments
- Clarification of “Protected Activity” for accommodation requests
- Expansions to whistleblower protections
- Disability insurance eligibility waiting periods
- New anti-retaliation protections
- Paystub or wage statement defects
- Wage garnishments
- Restrictions on e-verify use
- Record keeping duration lengthened
- And More!