Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning Duration: 2.00 Days
*Click here to view upcoming Crystal Reports classes
In this course, students will build basic list and group reports that work with almost any database.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for a person who needs output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or they may not have access to those tools. They may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
At Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a report by using data from an existing database.
- Locate and present data in a specified order.
- Create groups to summarize report data.
- Build formulas to add non-database data to a report and display data differently.
- Format reports.
- Enhance reports by adding and modifying elements in a report.
- Create single data series charts.
- Distribute report data to other users.
This course requires a basic understanding of databases and their underlying purpose. Students should also have basic word processing skills, such as copying and pasting text, formatting text, and so on. Students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer’s operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with Windows.
Lesson 1: Creating a Report
- Set Default Report Settings
- Specify Fields for a New Report
- Preview the Report
- Modify Field Display
- Add a Report Title
- Position Fields
- Add Fields from Additional Tables
Lesson 2: Displaying Specific Report Data
- Find Data
- Sort Data
- Filter Data by Single Criteria
Lesson 3: Grouping Report Data
- Insert a Group
- Add Summaries
- Format Summary Information
- Change Group Options
- Add an Additional Group
- Filter by Group
- Create a Top N Sort Group
Lesson 4: Building Formulas
- Write a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Group by Formula
- Delete a Formula
- Build a Filter by Multiple Criteria
- Modify a Filter with Multiple Criteria to Create an OR Condition
- Create a Parameter Field
- Write a Formula that Incorporates Null Fields
Lesson 5: Formatting Reports
- Remove White Space
- Insert Page Header/Footer Data
- Add Borders and Lines
- Change the Background Color
- Change the Margins
Lesson 6: Enhancing Reports
- Create a Section to Contain a Watermark
- Insert Objects Using Object Linking and Embedding
- Modify Format Based on Data Value
- Conditionally Suppress Data
- Insert Hyperlinks
- Hide Blank Report Sections
Lesson 7: Creating and Modifying Pie Charts
- Create a Pie Chart with a Drill-down
- Modify Chart Text
- Format a Chart
- Present a Chart by Group
Lesson 8: Distributing Data
- Export to PDF
- Export to Excel
- Export to an Access Database
- Create a Report Definition
- Create Mailing Labels